Monday, August 15, 2016

Teacha, Teacha

Hi hi
Time is flying. I swear I was just sitting here at the computer 5 minutes ago, but it has been a WHOLE WEEK! We had a good, busy week. We had a few great hours of tracting. We try to use different approaches at the door like emphasizing the Restoration, Jesus Christ, families, the Book of Mormon, ect. I love all of them but I have found the most power as I bear my testimony of Jesus Christ. It is so important to remember that we INVITE people to come unto Christ. We offer them something (the best thing ever, the gospel) and it is their choice to accept or reject. Sometimes it's frustrating because I just want to say YOU WILL BE HAPPIER, but they have their agency. If only we could use Satan's plan to force them to accept it. Imagine how Heavenly Father feels about His children using their agency. I hope He is proud of most of us for the way we have used ours. What a beautiful gift.
     We got to do some service pulling weeds this week which was nice to be outside and finally do some service. The Visitors Center is as busy as ever! I got to teach English class this week and all the Chinese people love me because I write funny sentences on the board haha. They call me "teacha teacha." I just stand up there and think about how even though we are so so different, we are all the same in God's eyes! They are His children just as much as I am His child. I have been working on my Chinese and they think that is hilarious but they clap for me.
     I had a few people come onto Mormon.org chat (we answer chats) and she was so so caught up with how men lead the church and men hold the priesthood and God is a man and blah blah blah. My heart just ached for her. No matter how much I tried to bear testimony or explain, she was just so caught up and blinded. Whenever I talk to people with questions like that, I am just overwhelmed with GRATITUDE for my testimony of modern day prophets and the priesthood and God being our literal Father with a body of flesh and bone who loves us. I know that God has a plan and that we can trust Him. What a beautiful plan.
     We have a good week ahead of us! Some potential lessons set up, some tracting time, some trainings, some miracles just waiting to happen! This Saturday we will get calls about transfers. Everyone thinks Sister Hsiao is going to go to LEAVE ME and go to the Chinese program. I am so grateful that these calls are from the Lord! Cant wait to see what blessings He has in store. This week we also get to go to the temple!! I am really really looking forward to it. I have been counting down the days. I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to go to the temple on my mission! What a special experience. I have been reading some talks in preparation for it. I know that I will feel His peace and love as I enter in those doors and remember the covenants I have made. 

"As we attend the temple, there can come to us a dimension of spirituality and a feeling of peace which will transcend any other feeling which could come into the human heart. We will grasp the true meaning of the words of the Savior when He said: 'Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you. … Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.' My brothers and sisters, in our lives we will have temptations; we will have trials and challenges. As we go to the temple, as we remember the covenants we make there, we will be better able to overcome those temptations and to bear our trials. In the temple we can find peace." 
President Monson

     It is not only in the temple that we can feel this heavenly peace. We can feel it in our hearts every day of our lives because of the gift of the Holy Ghost. It can testify to us that we are making good choices, that Heavenly Father is proud of us and our decisions. This is the peace that the gospel and daily repentance brings. I have felt this in my mission as I have striven to become more the Savior and work hard and LOVE and be patient and have trust.
Please keep the 400 in your prayers! :)
I love you
I miss you
I am so grateful for you.
I am so grateful to be a representative of Jesus Christ
Love
Sister Emma Brinton!




breakfast



Sisters that served in the VC before my time


English Class


My sweet companion















No comments:

Post a Comment