Monday, August 22, 2016

Humbled

A couple of weeks ago, I had a crystal clear thought that I needed to get to know the Visitors Center sisters a little bit better. I felt like I needed to reach out to them and show them my love. I have been growing closer and closer to them and I swear every single night I write in my journal, "I just LOVE all of the sisters!!" I know this was one of the ways that the Lord was preparing me for the phone call I received on Saturday morning. I was called to be a Sister Training Leader. For those of you who don't know what that is, it is the leadership position for the sisters instead of a district or zone leader for the elders. I will be leaving the Oakland 9th ward and going to the Berkeley YSA ward! I will still serve in the Visitors Center, thank goodness. My companion is Sister Chiang from Hong Kong! She will be my 5th Asian companion!! I will be attending a lot of meetings and trainings, but our main job is to love and take care of and lead the sisters. I am so grateful for this opportunity to serve and love and reach outside myself even more. I KNOW the Lord was preparing my heart. These sisters really are my family, my sisters, here while I am away from my blood sisters. I am humbled to receive this call and I am really really excited to accept it with my whole heart. Sunday morning in sacrament meeting, the Spirit touched my heart with peace that this was going to be a great learning experience for me and I was going to REALLY forget myself and go to work. My worries and concerns and all thoughts of myself are going out the door so I can love these sisters with everything I have! I am grateful to be an instrument in the Lord's hands, wherever He needs me and whatever He needs me for. 

"I do not boast in my own strength, nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with joy, and I will rejoice in my God.
"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things.."
Alma 26:11-12

     We got to go to the temple last week and it was SO beautiful and peaceful. I loved it. I am SO grateful to live so close to the temple and see it every day!
     We found a new investigator this week! He was a referral from church headquarters because he requested a Bible and a Book of Mormon. His name is Jean-Philipe and he is from Haiti. Our lesson on the Restoration went really well and he prayed at the end with his entire family. No one speaks English except for him but the Spirit filled the room as we explained the role of the Book of Mormon. He has a lot of potential and we are helping him see the importance of being baptized by someone holding the Priesthood authority. I am sad to leave, but I know they will set a baptismal date with him! 
     We had a meeting with our district about what we can all do to achieve this goal of every companionship having a baptismal date by the end of the month. We really united in thought and prayer and set goals to work together to achieve this. This goal wont be achieved due to our efforts alone. We HAVE to rely on the Lord. We HAVE to have a miracle. My prayers have just DOUBLED in faith. We are seeing miracles left and right and I know that with the Lord's help, as long as we do our part, we can do anything. No goal is too high for the Lord. I will be leaving Oakland and going to Berkeley tomorrow morning! I LOVED serving here. I loved the people and the ward and the area. I am going to miss it. We saw so many miracles and I grew so close to the Lord as I relied on prayer and scripture study more than ever! I am so excited to serve in Berkeley and continue to see miracles there!! 

"We are troubled on every side,
yet not distressed;
we are perplexed,
but not in despair;
persecuted,
but not forsaken;
cast down,
but not destroyed;
For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, 
worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory."
2 Cor 4:8-9, 17

     Thank you for all of you prayers. I am so grateful for each and every one of you and your LOVE and support. I would not be here or who I am today without your testimonies and influence and friendship. I love & miss you. 
Always,
Sister Brinton
Langarica Family

Elissa is going on her mission to Florida

Temple Day with the district







Ice Cream with Emily!

VC training

Elder Nielsen



VC Sisters



Jorgensens are going home

Angel :)

Langarica family again











Sister Tam

Temple Day











I fell running again. hhahahah





Pixar








Sister Neves

No comments:

Post a Comment