Monday, April 4, 2016

Kayganda Ng Umaga

     Kayganda Ng Umaga - That means "What a beautiful day!" in Tagalog, the language my companion Sister Benosa speaks! She is from the southern part of the Philippines called Mindanao! She served for 4 months in the Philippines before she came here because she was waiting for her visa! She got Dengue fever from a mosquito and almost died! She has been in the same area, Moraga, her whole mission and this was her first transfer! Moraga was a hard area. She didnt teach a lesson in 6 months! She has had an extremely hard time with the area and people and companions, so she was excited to get a change. She already LOVES the area and the people. She says it feels like home and she feels so free and happy! We are the best best of friends and I love her. I am so excited for her to teach and fall in love with the area and the people like I have. It's really fun to show new people around and get them excited about everything. It helps me love the area and people more! She is a fast learner and will be awesome awesome. We went on a beautiful run right along the coast early in the morning with the ocean breeze and watched the sun rise. I am convinced this is the best mission in the world :) 
   This week was spring break here in the bay area so e v e r y o n e was gone. Tristan is working towards getting the priesthood!! And we set a baptismal date with David, April 30th! 
   Happy Conference weekend! Wasn't it wonderful? Wasn't it powerful? Oh, I was just FILLED with peace & joy and felt so close to my Savior and Father in Heaven. We were lucky enough to watch it in a members home all snuggled up on the couch.  We had a huge yummy breakfast Sunday morning. I missed my family, but felt close to them as we were all watching conference at the same time! One thing that really stood out to me was the fact that President Monson stood up for 5 minutes and out of ALL the things he could have talked about from his LIFETIME of living and serving in the church, out of EVERYTHING, he chose to talk about the importance of our choices & choosing Jesus Christ. I know I have seen the result of good choices and bad choices in my life! How lucky we are to have His perfect example to follow. Another thing I loved was Elder Holland's talk: 

"The Lord blesses those who want to improve, who accept the need for commandments and try to keep them, who cherish Christlike virtues and strive to the best of their ability to acquire them. If you stumble in that pursuit, so does everyone; the Savior is there to help you keep going. Keep trying. Keep trusting. Keep believing. Keep growing."

  Sometime I am weighed down and discouraged because I feel like a failure. I feel like I keep trying and trying and trying to fix something and keep failing. These words gave me courage and hope. I felt of their truth in my heart. I am eternally grateful for the enabling power of our Savior's Atonement. We are blessed for WANTING and TRYING and STRIVING. Wow we are so lucky. And I am the luckiest because I get to share this message with the people here in this part of the Lord's vineyard. I love Him & His work & you.
LOVE,
Sister Brinton

Bye Bye Elder Cruz
VC sisters! That's our gang sign
Bye Sister Zhong! :((
Chinese take out Obv


Wow! All my pictures are of me and food
Morning run with the district on the coast!




The Thornton Family





Sushi Date - Sister Davis and Sister Fernandez
My new view
pulling weeds with Sister Jensen



Hugging a palm tree

I love my new companion!!


No comments:

Post a Comment