Tuesday, October 18, 2016

2,600

It really is just hard to put into words how happy I am and how much I love my mission. This morning I was on a run around the temple grounds with a beautiful view overlooking the entire bay, Oakland, the Golden Gate bridge, and I just started CRYING! I was overcome with joy to be right where I was, serving a mission. I was overcome with how blessed I am and how happy I am. I just wanted to hug Heavenly Father hahaha. We had a WONDERFUL rainy Autumn week.
     We had an awesome lesson with Mauricio, he is so sincere. He is so so busy but there is sincerity there, unlike some of our other investigators.
     We reached our 2,600 referral goal for the Visitors Center!! WHOO HOOO!! We are planning to reach well over 3,000 for the year!! We are ALL going to Fentons today for ice cream to celebrate!
     Our ward is planning their HUGE annual Halloween party and they are utilizing us to pass out invitations to people as we campus contact hahaha. 
     We always see so many miracles when we are on exchanges. I was with Sister Shkapich on Saturday and we had NO lessons planned for that day. Nothing. It was blank. I havent had a day like that in a very long time haha. So, we set out to contact people on campus. We carried a Book of Mormon, Restoration pamphlets, Oakland Temple cards, and a paper and pen. The time FLEW by!! We were out there for 5 hours straight on Berkeley campus talking to EVERYONE we saw. We taught EIGHT lessons!!!! Thats the most I've ever taught in one day on my mission. And when we totaled up our combined numbers at the end of the day, we taught TWELVE lessons that day! Record!!! We met so many wonderful,  diverse people and got some great potentials who are so interested and have been searching for God. My testimony of the Restoration of the gospel gets stronger and stronger every time I tell someone that God is not dead and He continues to speak to us and we are not in darkness anymore because of Joseph Smith's prayer. I always teach with a huge smile on my face and tell people, "Because of this message, we know that God lives and loves us!!!" I love this message. I love these people. I wish I could watch myself walk around Berkeley and talk to people haha sometimes people take pictures of us lol. I love going home EXHAUSTED knowing that you talked to EVERYONE and planted lots of seeds. This gospel is what brings true JOY.. I am living proof!!! I just want to be a missionary for the rest of my life. This is the best thing ever. I dont know if anyone reads these emails but if you are thinking about going on a mission, GO. If you are too old to go on a mission, or already served, share the gospel. You will be happier and you will love the gospel more. 
    I loved this quote and thought I would share.

"Don’t yield to Satan’s lie that you don’t have time to study the scriptures. Choose to take time to study them. Feasting on the word of God each day is more important than sleep, school, work, television shows, video games, or social media. You may need to reorganize your priorities to provide time for the study of the word of God. If so, do it!" Richard G Scott

ALWAYS
Smiling Sister Brinton
Exchanges Round 2!!

Sister Contreras

The Poulsens came to visit!!! (previous VC directors)

Exchanges

The Neves! She reminds me so much of my Grammie!


I LOVE Sister Shkapich


Scarf Weather

Fenton's Ice cream

celebrating reaching our goal at the VC

No comments:

Post a Comment