Monday, December 12, 2016

Joy to the World

HI!!
Wow. What a wonderful time of year. The MOST wonderful actually. The Visitors Center just gets busier and busier. We had over 1500 visitors last night. I just smile the whole night haha. I love testifying of the Savior. I love how everyone is so involved with Light the World. And if they aren't already involved, they are excited to hear about it. I love sharing this scripture:

"Therefore, hold up your light that it may shine unto the world. Behold I am the light which ye shall hold up—that which ye have seen me do." 3 Nephi 18:24

      Daniel. Daniel is amazing, as usual. His baptism is on Saturday!! Emily came to the lesson and it was SO wonderful to have her there. Emily is getting baptized the same day as him, the 17th, which is Emily's 18th birthday. She has had to wait for 2 years to get baptized because her parents haven't given permission. She is the most kind, sweet, humble, and beautiful girl. She has faced so much opposition, but she knows the church is true. She has the most powerful testimony of Heavenly Father's love and timing. She trusts Him and demonstrates the most faith I have ever seen!! It was so wonderful to have her in the lesson because Daniel was asking her questions about how she knew the church was true, how she decided to get baptized, etc. She was able to share her sweet testimony that touched his heart and brought such a special spirit to the lesson. I could not stop crying!!! I loved watching them talk. Two people who have seen the hand of God guide them to the truth. Two people facing so much confusing opposition. Two people exercising so much faith in the Lord. The Spirit was tangible.
     Oscar is still doing great. He came to church for two hours. Finals are getting in the way of everything but he is progressing. He will get baptized. I can see it in his eyes.
      We hadn't heard from Mauricio in over a week. We were running late to a meeting, but I just had the STRONGEST prompting/desire to see him. I just needed to go by his house ONE more time. We have stopped by so many times before but no one is ever home. It was raining and we ran up to the door. Knocked. Nothing. I heard people inside and the lights were on. Knocked really hard and his mom answered the door. She isn't a huge fan of missionaries, especially since we are teaching her son and he is pulling away from Catholicism. She spoke really really fast Spanish to show that we couldnt communicate. But I just said I need to see Mauricio! She kept talking and I just said Please can I see Mauricio. She said that he was really busy and began to shut the door. I stopped the door with my hand and held up one finger and said "Please. For one minute." I NEEDED to see him! I was very bold and I know Heavenly Father helped me. She reluctantly consented and went inside and left the door open a crack. She came back a few minutes later and invited us in. We sat down and Mauricio walked in!!!! I almost cried I was so happy to see him!! I said Mauricio!!!!! Ive missed you!!! Where have you been?!?! We talked for a long time about everything going on and we decided to meet up after finals are over and things calm down a little bit. He also got a new phone so that's why we hadnt heard from him. He said how much it meant that we came by his home to see him. I know that the Lord guided me to his home that night. Who cares that we were late! 
     David is doing so great. He got a job and has been seeing his faith grow. He told us that he wants to get baptized, but feels like January would be better. He has some great questions about the character of God. He wants to trust Him fully. 
     We got to go to the Berkeley family ward yesterday for a beautiful Christmas program. The last song was O Come All Ye Faithful. They added trumpets on the final verse and I couldn't stop the tears! O come let us adore Him!! When we celebrate Christmas, we are celebrating the most beautiful gift ever given. Heavenly Father loves us so much that He sent Jesus Christ to us, to save us from our sin and sadness and bring us life eternal. When we celebrate Christmas, we are celebrating so much more than just a birth!!! Because of His birth, we have hope. I love sharing this hope and light, more than anything! This is such a sacred time! WOW I am so lucky. and so happy. and so blessed. This is the Lord's work. 
Merry Christmas!
I love you!
I miss you!
Sister Brinton
Sis. Resendiz came back to visit
So Fun













Emily Vickers




ICE SKATING








Super old Unique Berkeley Family Ward Chapel. The Saints built it during the great depression.







Wrapping Presents for Sub for Santa. (Daniel is the one with the shaved head)






Exchanges

No comments:

Post a Comment